i beg to differ. to prove it, i give you a list of accomplishments for my sxsw/spring break.
a list of my accomplishments for this sxsw/spring break for the doubting thomas
- made green goddess pasta to eat on all week
- worked from home at my day job, waking up EVERY weekday at 7:30 (ok, i may have overslept once. but we'll talk about that when i come up with a brilliant way to blame that mishap on someone else.
- walked about 30 miles around this beautiful city
- sipped lukewarm whiskey because it was free
- acquired a card for a free entree from qdoba, which i'm saving for when my bank account reads like a big ol' goose egg. aka, any minute now.
- saw a band that was srsly the weirdest shit i've ever seen. (sorry for the potty mouth, but believe me, it fits.) i mean, there was hair dye, wigs, sparkly spandex, erratic movements (dancing?), bds&m, lots of meowing, and face paint à la david bowie. i mean, it was enjoyable, but really pushed my awkwardness toleration limitations.
- played three shows, made 40 dollhairs, and got rid of quite a few CDs
- had a conversation with my boyfriend from another life: ALEX EBERT. that shit is true. well, it wasn't exactly a conversation--more just me telling him how inspiring and beautiful he is. during his show with his newest solo project Alexander, he walked off stage--right to me--and we bounced and sang while i stared that hottie down with googley eyes. it was all i could do to keep myself from throwing a bag over his head, kidnapping him to my tiny matchbox house and drawing pictures of his beard and eyes for hours while he played a giant tambourine. wait, what?
- became the quite the halo efficionado. probably not the ideal content for a fashion blog, but bet your bottom dollar (if you have one) that i was wearing high heels and a floral robe at many points during this activity.
- "saw" the strokes and bright eyes.
- painted my nails like malibu barbie: an OPI hot neon pink with gold glitters on top.
- this is serious, brace yourselves beehaas. i
assaultedmet chace crawford at my boyfriend's band's show in dallas. yes, the smoking hot hottie from gossip girl. wanna know what i said? brace yourself, ladies, 'cause this is deep. ok, so maybe it wasn't the most eloquent of encounters, and maybe i would love for life to give me a do over on this one, but let's be real, you can't win 'em all. tony romo was also there, and i can't believe my boyfriendy didn't kiss him.
chace: "blah blah blah" (i don't really remember what he said, let's be honest, we're not exactly listening to the adorbs little kitty, are we?)
carrie: "hrrrumph! well, you need to be listening to this band!" [quick, staggery exit stage left]
- finally, the part i am rrrreally jazzed about. while i was
walking through the sticky chaotic messseeing the strokes, i stumbled upon this little tent selling THE coolest jewelry this side of the mississippi. i chose my purchase from the thrift bin ($5-$25) because i spent all my dollars on drinkieswas being thrifty. here is what it is time for you to fall in love with: adina mills design. this beehaa is INCREDIBLE. she uses "spray paint, collage materials, natural minerals, found objects, and sculpture" to create rugged and funky, but feminine and sparkly wearable art." after googling her in a south by hangover haze, i discovered that her looks have been featured in daily candy, the stylish wanderer, italian vogue AND worn by celebs like lindsay lohan and mischa barton. there were so many that i would have sold my boyfriend for, but this is the one i ended up choosing!
|poor quality picture, but awesome-ass ring.|
|the ring in action. featuring my jorts and malibu barbie nails!|